The regional units of Ioannina and Serres have been placed under lockdown as of Thursday morning due to a spike in coronavirus cases. They join two other Greek regions –Kastoria and Kozani– which were moved to level 4 (increased risk) last week.
The measure follows Wednesday’s announcement of a record-breaking 1,547 cases of Covid-19 in Greece.
Among the measures taken are the mandatory use of a mask both indoors and outdoors, an overnight curfew from 12:30 to 5:00 in the morning, a ban on movements outside the regional unit and a ban of all gatherings in public and private spaces.
In addition, the operation of the following is suspended:
– Courts, Prosecutors Offices, the Land Registry
– Archaeological sites, museums
– Live performances and other performing arts
– Film screenings
– Rehearsals and TV filming
– Nightclubs, bars, reception centres
– Music stages
– Restaurants (only take-away will be allowed)
– All sports
– Fitness centres
– Conferences / Exhibitions
– Amusement and theme parks
– Trade fairs
– Sunday markets and other markets